On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Sure, a party can do this.  And then splinter off and be a nomic.
> BUT IN DOING SO, IT IS NO LONGER THE PARTY that the officer
> Is tracking.

fwiw, I agree that "splintering off" doesn't count, but I think that a
system of rules that exists in the context of a specific legal
framework can still "provide means for itself" through that framework.
 Even if the only mechanism for amendment is an unalterable one
provided by that framework, the system of rules is providing a means
for itself to be amended by virtue of choosing to exist in a framework
that provides such a mechanism.  Although it is traditional for nomics
to have rules that provide their own interpretation and be
self-sufficient, I don't think that Rule 2368's definition of nomic
requires them to do so.