On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, Fool wrote:

The sentences in question are not directly self-referential or even mutually-referential. This is more of a Curry-flavoured confused deputy, with rule 2337 as the deputy. It says that the author can destroy a promise with notice IFF the sentence in its "destruction by author condition" slot is true. So:

 - Sentence A: I can do Y.
 - Sentence B: IF (I can do X), THEN (Z is true).
 - Rule 2337 says that (I can do X) IFF (sentence A is true)
 - Rule 2337 says that (I can do Y) IFF (sentence B is true)

The way I read it Rule 2337 implies IF, not IFF.

Greetings,
Ørjan.