Yes I agree with that, but due to that, it still describes a success case.
With this example I hope its more clear:

Imagine we didn't have R7866 as it is now., and I post:

"I pledge will give Bob 1 shiny after he gives me an Estate."

Then he gives me an Estate.
And 3 weeks pass, and I still haven't paid Bob. Could've it have been
(legally) considered that I have broken my pledge? No, because the
timeframe where I could do it is still active. It' still "after he gives me
an Estate".

But! With the new rule - you now can! After those three weeks, by
virtue of R7866,
" A pledge may be considered broken if the pledger does not complete it in
a timely manner after it becomes possible to do so", I've broken my pledge.
That new sentence allows the success of an otherwise unsuccessful action,
by describing a condition where such an action (such a consideration) would
succeed.

Therefore, I believe that it is regulated.