> On Sep 8, 2017, at 11:10 PM, Owen Jacobson <o...@grimoire.ca> wrote:
>
> Having caught up - y’all are exhaustingly fast, you know that? - I think it’s
> time to start drafting the fixes in earnest.
>
> Some basic principles:
>
> 1. The actions undertaken so far were undertaken in broadly good faith with
> respect to the transactional nature of the current economic rules, and
> performed with the mistaken understanding that several key rules made actions
> POSSIBLE instead of making them PERMISSIBLE. These actions should not be
> invalidated over a simple rule defect, even where those actions were clearly
> scams in other ways. (Quazie, I’m trying to let you and CuddleBeam keep your
> ill-gotten stamp winnings.)

1a. Whatever fix we undertake should _not_ somehow resurrect actions we had all
understood, within the context of that mistaken reading of the rules, to be
ineffective or impossible at the time they were performed.

There are a few shiny transactions that clearly didn’t happen no matter what
version of the rules you use, such as my attempt to claim a reward for a
proposal which had not been assessed.

-o