Having caught up - y’all are exhaustingly fast, you know that? - I think it’s
time to start drafting the fixes in earnest.

Some basic principles:

1. The actions undertaken so far were undertaken in broadly good faith with
respect to the transactional nature of the current economic rules, and
performed with the mistaken understanding that several key rules made actions
POSSIBLE instead of making them PERMISSIBLE. These actions should not be
invalidated over a simple rule defect, even where those actions were clearly
scams in other ways. (Quazie, I’m trying to let you and CuddleBeam keep your
ill-gotten stamp winnings.)

2. Whatever solution we apply to permit those actions must also protect their
side effects. It does Agora no good to enforce our intended understanding of
shinies, stamps, and the floating value if we still have to throw away several
proposals, both passed and in flight, and several CFJs.

3. The solution should be robust against additional actions performed in the
potentially substantial time between its initial submission as a proposal, and
its final enactment.

If you disagree with these, or feel they’re insufficient, please, speak up -
now is a critical time for you to get your feedback in.

The second principle strongly implies that we need to, in some way, re-resolve
each action, as if the rules were the corrected rules at that time. The
alternative is to gather up the total result, and ratify it by proposal, but i
fear that we may not fully understand what side effects need ratification.

With that in mind, here are the things I believe need to happen:

1. The proposals fixing the stamps, welcome package, and floating value rules
need to pass. If there are any lingering bugs you’re aware of that would
perpetuate our shiny problems, please share them so that we can get those
fixed, too.

2. I need to draft a proposal that, somehow, ratifies the results of all
shiny-related and stamp-related actions since July 30th, when nichdel attempted
to create the first stamp. This proposal also needs a catch-all clause to cause
it to ratify shiny actions taken after this proposal is submitted but before it
passes, or we need a gentleagorans’ agreement not to do anything with shinies
or stamps for the duration.

What am I missing?

-o