On Thu, 2017-10-12 at 11:41 -0600, Reuben Staley wrote:
> You appear to be arguing for the e vs it distinction to be used to
> distinguish between persons, as defined by R869 and everything else. By
> this definition, Agora, not being capable of ideation on its own, does not
> count as a person.

The definition of "person" was somewhat different for many years. What
we currently call a "person" used to be a "first-class person". We had
"second-class persons" too, which were basically legal constructs which
we treated as though they were persons; for example, some contracts
used to be persons (and the text of the contract would specify how e
was capable of performing actions). They had several restrictions on
them, such as not having any voting power unless someone else donated
them voting power.

That all got removed in a mass repeal some time ago, though, and we
decided to go back to having first-class persons as the only sort of
person. Arguably this was for the best, given some of the shenanigans
that second-class persons got up to.

--
ais523