Fair. However, submitting a proposal is a way of making it available
to pend. You're basically putting it out into the world, and saying
that you're ready to have it passed with your name on it. It serves no
other intrinsic purpose, and indeed creates extra work for the
Promotor. That's why, IMHO, it's a better idea to proto it if you're not
sure about it.

-Aris