On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 at 20:43 Madeline <j...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Whoaaaa this looks awesome

:D

> So you can claim a win if you can hold advisor positions over a majority
> of the government for two weeks? That feels... suitably unachievable :D

I think the elections many be sufficiently manipulatable to lead to
something like this. Their design encourages complex play, such as by
planning multiple elections

> And I'm impressed that every post gets a unique power. (I'd also be down
> for being Clork)
> One thing that isn't particularly clear is trading favours for influence -
> is it 2 favours for 1 influence for the Host, or 1 favour for 2 influence?

The intent is 2 favours for 1 influence: the higher the echelon of the
politician you're trying to influence, the more costly it is, so that
you're encouraged to invest early and bide your time rather than fight the
ones higher up.

> Also what happens if the Planner doesn't pick a new policy assignment for
> whatever reason. I suppose it'd just switch randomly? (Or does that fall
> into the "any person can do it after deadline" category)

Yeah, anyone can do it after the deadline.