On Sun, 26 Nov 2017, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus wrote:
> This doesn't matter here because the exact phrasing of the proposal was
> that we earned it, not that we became eligible for it.

Rule 2438 doesn't use "earned" that way.  We "earned" it by the proposal,
which means that for the next 7 days we *qualify* to be awarded it if we
don't have it already.  But someone still has to do the finishing task:

       While a person qualifies for a type of Ribbon, any player can
       generally award em that type of Ribbon. A person qualifies for a
       type of Ribbon if e has earned that type of Ribbon within the
       preceding 7 days (including earlier in the same message) and has
       not owned that type of Ribbon within the preceding 7 days.