On Wed, 2018-06-20 at 12:23 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> Well considering I've still got a terminal window open, I could
> change the link contents instantly to anything before most people
> will have seen it.  Definitely not out of my TDOC if the content of
> those links is the only evidence.
>
> I suppose (now that those links are tied to a github repo) one could
> cross-reference my message timing to commit timing.
Semi-serious suggestion: make the Github repository a public forum.

For what it's worth, I've opened the FLR in question so you couldn't
now change it and have me see the new version (and the use of Github as
an intermediary, who keep backups of old versions, means that your TDOC
is ill-defined here but probably doesn't contain the repository). That
said, I thought the whole TDOC precedent got discredited anyway at some
point?

> Overall though, I'm pretty sure we've been strong on "publishing X"
> means actually publishing the full contents of X, otherwise it's
> ISID. The cases that allowed outside references are generally by-
> announcement actions, where outside references work because the
> specification is like this:
> "clearly specifying the action and announcing that e performs it"
> for this, "announcing e performs it" must be included in the actual
> announcement, but the "clearly specifying" part can lead to a link
> that has a clear specification.
>
> So this would work:  "I do as in link X"  -> [link X] "I support"
> because e announces "I do...", but just providing the same link
> without an announced verb/context doesn't do the trick.

Right, the message needs to contain enough context to find the action.
I don't think that's a problem with the message in question, though.

--
ais523