On Tue, 2018-10-02 at 19:58 -0400, D Margaux wrote:
> LOL. The Bank of Agora has caused quite a mess. The first Agoran
> financial crisis, perhaps?

"First Bank of Agora" is a pretty misleading name. There have been many
Banks of Agora in the past.

Many of these have been scammed, too. I once became rich when there
were two competing banks (each a contract), and they set differing
exchange rates. (Both banks ended up better off from the point of view
of the exchange rates they were offering, but I ended up with strictly
more assets than I'd started with, and quite a lot more at that. So
what actually happened is that the banks ended up stuck with assets
that they incorrectly believed were valuable.)

--
ais523