On Mon, 2019-02-04 at 14:39 -0800, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> On 2/4/2019 2:11 PM, Timon Walshe-Grey wrote:
>  > Ta.
>  >
>  > I intend, with 2 Agoran Consent, to award myself the degree Associate of
>  > Nomic (A.N.).
>
> Ok, a contract and a thesis intent, very intrigued...
>
> I'm fighting between my "contest-running" hat to be a patsy and support
> everything vs. my herald's desire to object to any "unearned" degrees,
> so I'm gonna just stay neutral over here for now...

Arguably, a clear enough description of a scam that was capable of
forcing through theses, and also of gaining a power-3 dictatorship but
with some oddly specific side effects, would be interesting enough to
count as a thesis in its own right (unless the loophole is particularly
simple or stupid).

For what it's worth, the claimed powers of the scam make me suspect it
somehow interferes with dependent actions (but in that case, why not go
for Win by Apathy?). I've already read through part of the Ruleset for
the Week and noticed at least one rather awkward problem in the
dependent action rules, but as far as I can tell it wouldn't have the
effect described (and most of the resulting brokenness is likely to
have ratified away by now; luckily, the specific problem is unlikely to
affect Ratification Without Objection).

--
ais523