Huh.  I think I've been mostly using "its" for entities that are
distinctively non-person, never occurred to me otherwise.  A quick web
search on Spivak defines it as gender-neutral only (and all examples I
see are to show replacements for genders).  Not that Agora can't
support it's own peculiar version, I just haven't been doing so
personally.