> On Feb 8, 2019, at 1:29 PM, Gaelan Steele <g...@canishe.com> wrote:
>
>  Also, G, this is a little problematic for the contest—I’m required to
> propose a patch, but someone beat me to it.

Sorry! This wasn’t meant to interfere with that. I’ve been annoyed by the
formatting of this rule for a while, and this seemed like a good opportunity to
fix.

I think the contest requirement should be deemed met if you adopt this fix as
your proposal (or propose another one if you don’t like it).

>>   1. A person (the initiator) published an announcement of intent to
>>       perform the action within the 14 days preceding the action;
>
> Since 2 says 4-14, we could make this apply only to support and such.

That would definitely work. Leaving it this way makes it more extensible if
other methods are devised in the future, but that seems unlikely and more
requirements would be added anyway.

>> (c) The actor SHOULD publish a list of supporters if the action
>> depends on support, and a list of objectors if it depends on
>> objections.
>
> Do we even want to keep this? Nobody does it.

Yeah—this seems to be routinely ignored. And probably unnecessary for most
situations, except for Agoran Consent, where it may not be obvious whether the
required ratio is met.

What would people think about limiting this to Agoran Consent, or dispensing
with it altogether?