On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 2:58 PM Aris Merchant
<thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Far too cautious IMO.  I think, for "clean" wins, it hurts the spirit
> > of winning and the game for everyone to sit on their hands for a week
> > waiting for a timer to expire.   I'd suggest a couple options here.
> > One is using "With Notice but not if a CFJ is pending" which gives
> > people 4 days to start a CFJ.  The other option is leaving it to the
> > discretion of the Herald - the Herald is required to verify the win or
> > initiate/point to a CFJ in a timely fashion.
>
> I like it being automatic. That said, I have no objection over
> shortening it to 4 days.

I've changed my mind. Ratification is a week for sensible reasons (its
dangerous), and this is and should be ratification. I think, for a
significant event like a win, waiting a bit is perfectly acceptable;
people certainly managed to wait this long last time around. I hope
that you won't vote against the entire proposal because of this. If
you strongly disagree, you could propose an amendment, although I'd
suggest waiting and seeing if it's a problem in practice.

-Aris