We must ensure that the Ritual is appeased. I therefore humbly submit to the
Agoran public this proto contract:

///

This contract is to be known as The Church of The Ritual. Parties to the
contract are the faithful; nonparties are heathens. A player can become
faithful by announcement upon transferring 5 coins to the Church; a player can
become heathen by announcement.

The priest and the heretic are imposed offices. The player who first performs
The Ritual in any given Agoran week becomes the priest (if faithful) or the
heretic (if a heathen). At the start of each Agoran week, the offices of priest
and heretic are made vacant.

The faithful MUST prevent all players from becoming the heretic; failure to do
so is the crime of Abetting Heresy.

The heretic MUST be shunned. The priest SHOULD be treated right good.

Upon being installed in the office of priest, a faithful CAN once cause the
Church to transfer to em 5 coins.

If the Church has fewer than 10 coins, any faithful CAN once call a collection
by announcement. When a collection is called, the faithful MUST in a timely
fashion transfer to the Church a sum of coins equal to 5 / X, rounded up to the
nearest coin, where X is the number of faithful.