Wouldn't it just be ossified because arbitrary rule changes cannot be made? The "and/or" does function as an or!

On 2019-02-21 19:37, Gaelan Steele wrote:
I create the AI-1 proposal “Minor bug fix” with the following text:

{
Create the power-1 rule “Don’t mind me” with the following text:
{The rules CANNOT change by any mechanism.}
}

Why that works (at power 1):

106/40: "Except as prohibited by other rules, a proposal that takes effect CAN and
does, as part of its effect, apply the changes that it specifies"
106/40: "Preventing a proposal from taking effect is a secured change; this
does not apply to generally preventing changes to specified areas of the gamestate”

The proposed rule is a prohibition on a certain type of change. Because 106
says “except as prohibited by other rules”, it defers to this rule.
The second quoted clause fails to prevent this, because the rule "generally
[prevents] changes to specified areas of the gamestate.”

1698/5 "Agora is ossified if it is IMPOSSIBLE for any reasonable combination of
actions by players to cause arbitrary rule changes to be made and/or arbitrary
proposals to be adopted within a four-week period.”

Note the “and/or.” Nothing here prevents arbitrary proposals from being
adopted—it just prevents them from changing the rules upon doing so. Therefore,
Agora isn’t ossified.

I retract the above proposal.

Gaelan