On Tue, 5 Mar 2019, Timon Walshe-Grey wrote:

I respond to the CoE by citing the CFJ.

(I swear I remember there being a proto floating around at some point to change it so that just the existence of a relevant open CFJ would block self-ratification, instead of having to go through this rigmarole. Wonder what happened to that.)

Maybe let a CoE include a connected CFJ, in which case a response might not be mandatory.

Without such an explicit connection, such a clause could make a report accidentally not self-ratify because of a CFJ that wasn't even intended (or stated) to be relevant to it, which seems to me like a bad idea.

Greetings,
Ørjan.