I’m relying more heavily on rule 2221 (“Cleanliness”) for mechanism. It
provides:

> Any player CAN clean a rule without objection by specifying one or more
> corrections to spelling, grammar, capitalization, formatting, and/or dialect,
> or to whether a synonym or abbreviation is used in place of a word or phrase,
> in the rule's text and/or title; the rule is amended by this rule as
> specified by that person.

I’ll admit that respecifying the entire rule is not the _ideal_ way of
specitying “one or more corrections to … formatting,” but it appears to meet
all the other elements of this rule as I understand it, and my message is
intended to meet the form requirements for a dependent action (in this case
“[cleaning] a rule without objection”).

I’m only relying on rule 2429 for policy, not mechanism. I agree with your
interpretation of how it otherwise applies in isolation.

What have I missed?

-o