No method? There might be a Rule 2125 problem here.

Greetings,
Ørjan.

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019, Aris Merchant wrote:

Good question. Rule 2141 says that the Rulekeepor can assign a number, and
doesn’t say in what way e must do so, so e could theoretically assign any
number. You’re right that this gives em some power over conflict
resolution. However, as a matter of convention, e only assigns the next
number in line. The rule is left unspecified so that there isn’t a problem
if e assigns the wrong number by mistake and also because defining which
number e has to use would require the rule to write out the algorithm to be
used. The benefit gained by assigning the wrong number is small enough that
the Rulekeepor can be trusted not to annoy everyone by breaking the
convention. Make sense?

-Aris