Requiring notice and comment would make it a bit more complicated and
time-consuming to judge a CFJ, which might not make sense for simple
ones. How about this:
* The judge assigned to a CFJ CAN publish a draft judgement, and is
ENCOURAGED to do so for difficult cases.
* Publishing a draft judgement extends the deadline for publishing the
final judgement (with some limit).

This could work with or without incentives like the one Jason Cobb suggests.

Alternatively, I wonder if it's enough to just try to establish (or
maintain? re-establish? I'm not sure what the history is) more of a
tradition of judges self-filing motions for reconsideration like G. is
considering doing.