On 8/2/19 8:37 PM, Kerim Aydin wrote:

> ===============================  CFJ 3761 ===============================
>
>        A party to the contract in evidence CAN create a gift by some
>        method.

Judgement

Yes, a player CAN by some method, the method being ratification w/o
objection.  TRUE.

[Not part of judgement: it was not as relevant to CFJ 3765-3766 as I thought
a few minutes ago - sorry about that.  Still, this is a technicality and
not what you wanted to get at, I think.]

I may very much be wrong here, but does that count as the player creating it? Specifically, what is the agent that causes changes to the gamestate during ratification? I would argue that the agent is not the player.

Rule 2202 says:

Any player CAN, without objection, ratify a public document,
specifying its scope.

I certainly agree that when a person does RWO, that person is the one doing the ratification. However, ratification is not defined as an action itself. Instead, the action of ratification is given certain side effects.

Rule 1551 says:

When a public document is ratified, rules to the contrary
notwithstanding, the gamestate is modified to what it would be if,
at the time the ratified document was published, the gamestate had
been minimally modified to make the ratified document as true and
accurate as possible

This rule says that when a public document happens to be ratified, there happens to be a side effect of changing the gamestate. The rule does not explicitly specify an agent, nor does it say that to ratify a public document is to cause the changes to the gamestate (in which case I would agree with you). Perhaps the best claim for an agent for the changes to the gamestate would be R1551 itself?

Jason Cobb