On 8/9/2019 6:52 AM, ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-08-08 at 16:24 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:
>> I award Falsifian the Patent Title Champion.
>> I award Jason Cobb the Patent Title Champion (once).
>>
>> (I'm sure these are fine, but I'll wait just a little longer in case
>> someone wants to question the other 98).
>
> Arguably the text of rule 649 only allows you to award one copy of the
> patent title within the week after the player wins.
>
> Being authorised twice to award a patent title once doesn't strike me
> as having any different game effect from being authorised once to award
> a patent title once, and the time window is the same in each case.

Oh - interesting!

Other than how it's listed in the Scroll, the only, practical knock-on
effect I see is whether staggered Champion awards extend the time window for
earning an Ultraviolet - which matters for Transparent, even if the player
gets the Ultraviolet from the 1st champion.

Jason Cobb is trying to get a Transparent Ribbon right now so this might
come up.

-G.