On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 22:17, Aris Merchant
<thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 3:12 PM Timon Walshe-Grey <m...@timon.red> wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 12, 2019 9:15 PM, D. Margaux <dmargaux...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > I point my finger at Murphy for uttering the forbidden name
> >
> > -twg
> >
> > After a not-inconsiderable amount of research, I've found no evidence that
> > the rule Murphy refers to ever existed, and if it did, it definitely didn't
> > call the associated violation "Uttering the Forbidden Name" (a phrase which
> > appears nowhere in the archive of any public forum). Therefore I declare
> > this finger-pointing Shenanigans.
>

> > Are there any objections (especially from the H. Referee) to making that
> rule a reality? I’m aware that it could create a minor mess, but would just
> be so much fun, and the penalty for violating it is quite minor.
>
> -Aris

I've wondered before whether people have planted some snag like this
in Agora's history that new players like me have no practical way to
know about.

This is a quite elegantly simple way to implement my fear, with
probably no bad effects. It's cute, but I still feel mildly opposed.

--
- Falsifian