On 11/4/2019 8:56 AM, Cuddle Beam wrote:
I like this a lot but just a comment on how it may turn out.

If we're playing nomic purely to win, running totally nude without our
civilized clothing of morality and goodwill, it might be best to go full
ham on "Benefit a Majority, Punish a Minority", or "bampam", which pops up
quite a bit on Blognomic, which I think is very comparable to what this
would be, a short game of nomic.

This is exactly what happened in the Agora XX Tournament, too (which was
pure a "start-from-scratch ruleset, blitz speed, play purely to win" nomic).

The main interesting bit was conspiring to be in the majority (and hiding
the majority from the minority).  That's if you were in the majority, which
in that case was a bit of a setup.  If you were in the minority, you got the
"playing along - bam suddenly the majority reveals itself and no one else
ever had a chance".

It might be interesting as a resetting round (so different majorities could
win) but then it's basically blognomic?  Nothing wrong with that.

It also might be interesting to make a solid, unchangeable, "only one person
can win" rule.  Though that could end up like Diplomacy where a majority
alliances "wins" but then it becomes a draw if you try to play it to a
single winner.

Oooh - I haven't done Diplonomic in a long time that's a good one (that's
nomic where the initial "play" rules start out as Diplomacy.  Murderous.)

-G.