On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 6:21 PM Alexis Hunt via agora-business <
agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 at 20:42, Timon Walshe-Grey via agora-business <
> agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> > What I will not do, barring sufficiently persuasive arguments to the
> > contrary, is make a blanket statement that I am not planning or engaging
> > in any scams or exploits. I don't want to end up in a situation where I
> > am (or _anybody_ is) totally unable to take part in this part of the
> > game, just because it is considered suspicious to not currently be under
> > a pledge/warranty forbidding it, and I'm concerned that complying now
> > with your request would lead Agora towards a social climate of that
> > type.
> >

> Hear, hear!
>
> Notice of Honour:
> +1: twg for eir impassioned defence of the core of Nomic gameplay.
> -1: Aris for eir persistent opposition to the core of Nomic gameplay.
>
> I submit the above essay as a thesis titled "Letter to an Anti-Scamster:
> > On the Importance of Loopholes in Agoran Culture", with intent to
> > qualify for a degree.
> >
> > -twg
> >

> I was considering nominating this for a thesis myself, which indicates
> strongly that it deserves one. J.N. is, I believe, appropriate for a thesis
> focused on the practice of Nomic law, which this very much is.
>
> While peer review should still happen, I think that we should start the
> process now. I intend, with 2 Agoran Consent, to award twg the Patent Title
> Juris Doctor of Nomic.

Wait a sec, the herald hasn’t coordinated the peer review process yet.
Also, my understanding was that J.N. was intended for CFJs that doubled as
theses; I think a nonspecialized degree (maybe a bachelor’s?) would be more
appropriate.

-Aris