On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 at 17:34, Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> On 2/6/20 12:02 PM, James Cook wrote:
> > It's not clear to me your judgement would break self-ratification of
> > switch reports. Aris's documents were written in an unusual way: they
> > said that at some earlier date, the values of two switch instances
> > changed. Self-ratifying switch reports generally just directly say
> > what the values of the switches are, so I don't think they get tangled
> > up in the problem you consider in your judgement.
>
> I was referring to the interpretation that only updates the historical
> record likely breaking self-ratification. But I agree, the R217 appeal
> probably isn't necessary (and was kind of wedged in there as an
> afterthought, anyway).

I'm not sure that would break it, though. A ratified document saying
"switch instance X has value Y" in the present tense pretty clearly
forces the minimally modified gamestate to include that switch value
in order to be "as true and accurate as possible"; I don't think the
historical record comes into it. Aris's documents were instead written
as facts about the past.

- Falsifian