On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:42 AM Timon Walshe-Grey via agora-business
<agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> I wrote:
> > I submit the following proposal:
> >
> > Title: π’₯π“Šπ’Ήπ’Ύπ’Έπ’Ύπ’Άπ“ π’₯π‘œπ’Έπ“Šπ“π’Άπ“‡π’Ύπ“‰π“Ž π’œπ’Έπ“‰
> > Adoption index: 1.7
> > Chamber: Justice
> > Author: twg
> > Co-authors:
> >
> > Amend Rule 591, "Delivering Judgement", by replacing each occurrence of
> > "DISMISS" with "Β―\(ツ)/Β―".
> >
> > [Very few CFJs get judged DISMISS at the moment; I figure the generation
> > of mirth outweighs the slight inconvenience of having to copy-and-paste
> > it from the ruleset occasionally.]
>
> CFJ: "Today, I submitted a proposal entitled 'Judicial Jocularity Act'".
>
> Arguments:
>
> I don't think "title" is ever explicitly defined in the rules. Is the
> exact sequence of Unicode characters important? Or is it just the
> English-language words made up of those characters? If I included
> invisible Unicode characters in a proposal title, so that it looked like
> plain ASCII but wasn't, would the answer be any different?
>
> (Disclaimer: This CFJ is at least 30% motivated by a desire to see how
> long the subject line can get before something breaks.)

Gratuitous:

The Promotorial Proposal Office opines that it would create trouble
for the office if copying had to be exact; it might well result in
someone running a scam where everyone thought a proposal had been
distributed, but it actually hadn't because the space in the title was
required to be a nonbreaking space or something.This would
emphatically be against the best interests of the game. Note that a
special exemption for invisible or whitespace characters wouldn't
help, since people could try more complicated things with diacritics
or whatever. A restriction to changes affecting display of the title
would certainly help, but it still wouldn't cover things like space
width or look-alike characters. All problems could be avoided by a
ruling that titles are not required to be copied exactly, and that it
is the gist of the text that is important.

Aris
Promotor of Agora Nomic