On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 at 14:57, Tanner Swett via agora-business
<agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> > 8341*  Alexis, G.               3.0   Support of the Person
> AGAINST; I don't see the purpose of this, and it's confusing for "With
> 2 Support" to technically mean "with 3 supporters, but you count as a
> supporter".
>
> —Warrigal

I think you may have missed the original explanations.

The primary purpose of the proposal is to amend the rules of Agoran
consent to better line up with how voting usually works. Currently, if
an AI=2 proposal is submitted and the author and one other player
voted in favour, and one other player voted against, then (assuming
equal voting strength) it passes.

But with Agoran consent, if someone attempts to do something with 2
Agoran consent, and one other person supports and one objects, then
the action cannot be performed. In fact, it can't even be performed
with two other supporters if there is a single objector. The initiator
is ineligible as a supporter, and on top of that, the requirement that
the supporters be greater than the objectors means that 2:1 is not
enough.

So the two parts are to make it so that the initiator can support (you
can vote for your own proposal) and to make it so that when N>1, a
"tie" is resolved in favour of allowing the action. Again, this is
just to bring it into consistency with how proposal voting works.

However, if the initiator is ineligible to support the intent, then
they simply do not count. They must find an additional support to
replace their own. This is again the same as what would happen if
someone was ineligible to vote on their own proposal.

But then it makes sense to apply the same logic to N support. And in
particular, if we had something such as "A Doodad CAN be awarded to
any player with 2 support; the recipient is ineligible to support this
intent." then the typical case would be that three people other than
the recipient would be required to agree: the initiator and 2 other
supporters. But if someone wanted to award it to emself, then e would
need to find an additional friend to do so. I think, personally, that
"with 2 support" is still the more logical name for this, and if you
disagree, I'd prefer to deal with that by voting on a separate
proposal rather than voting this one down.

-Alexis