> On Feb 26, 2020, at 6:12 AM, Kerim Aydin via agora-business
> <agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> AGAINST (for now).  My understanding is that this was to fix proposal
> distributions - but in that case the "summary" is actually the
> distribution itself?  And for assessments, it's the "summary" that's the
> "action" while the published texts are a convenience, so this rule gets it
> backwards there?  Happy to be convinced otherwise.

Oops, didn’t finish reading the email. Sorry for the double reply:

This is definitely inspired by that issue with distributions, but I believe we
decided no part of that message was considered a summary so it doesn’t actually
do anything in that case. In general, however, the summary thing just seems
like a bad idea: if a message says something, it should either ratify that or
nothing—we shouldn’t have to read the full message to make sure it doesn’t do
something else.

Gaelan