On 5/31/2020 9:33 AM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 12:08 PM Kerim Aydin wrote:
>> On 5/31/2020 8:46 AM, nch wrote:

>>> I'm actually not sure this is effective (unless there's precedence I'm not
>>> familiar with). I understand the intuitive appeal (getting 3 Consent entails
>>> getting 2 Consent) but it's legally a different mechanism.
>>
>> We had a rule the explicitly mandated that you could do that, then
>> repealed it.  So I don't think you can anymore.  (the rule ranked the
>> methods, including by announcement, and said if the rules permitted you to
>> do something with an easier method, you could use a harder one).
>
> Why was it repealed?

We did a general cleanup of rules circa 2014 and removed things that were
rarely used, just in the name of simplification.  I think that's the only
reason.  Here's a version from 2013 not sure if it was the final version.

Rule 2288/2 (Power=3)
Induction

      If a person CAN perform an action by announcement, e CAN perform
      it with N support, without N objections, with N Agoran Consent,
      or with notice, where N is a number appropriate for that form of
      dependent action.

      If a person CAN perform an action with notice, e CAN perform it
      without N objections, where N is an appropriate number.

      If a person CAN perform an action with M support, e CAN
      perform it with N support, where N is an appropriate number
      greater than M.

      If a person CAN perform an action without M objections, e CAN
      perform it without N objections, where N is an appropriate
      number less than M.

      If a person CAN perform an action via multiple different means
      of dependent actions, e CAN perform that action via multiple of
      them at the same time.

      If a player CAN perform an action with 0 support, then e CAN
      perform it by announcement.