On 6/11/2020 9:26 PM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion wrote:

On Jun 11, 2020, at 21:20, ATMunn via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

On 6/11/2020 7:41 PM, nch wrote:
On 6/10/20 11:54 AM, ATMunn via agora-discussion wrote:
I've been rattling this idea around in my mind for a bit. I decided to
put together a proto-proposal to see what others think.

Title: Amulets ver. 0.1
AI: 1.0
Author: ATMunn
Co-author(s):
Overall, I'm not sure I like this idea. This comes back to G. and I's
discussion about farming. When you can create the items on your own, it
destroys the trading aspect of the game. That said, you have a lot of
limiters in here that are interesting and might mitigate that impact.
I would vote AGAINST this for at least the first month or two of Sets,
and maybe reconsider this later. It's too big of a change and seems to
violate a fundamental goal of the economy's design (that trading should
be important). That said, I'm just one voter, and here's some mechanical
notes:

Show Quoted Content

Author: ATMunn
Co-author(s):
Overall, I'm not sure I like this idea. This comes back to G. and I's
discussion about farming. When you can create the items on your own, it
destroys the trading aspect of the game. That said, you have a lot of
limiters in here that are interesting and might mitigate that impact.
I would vote AGAINST this for at least the first month or two of Sets,
and maybe reconsider this later. It's too big of a change and seems to
violate a fundamental goal of the economy's design (that trading should
be important). That said, I'm just one voter, and here's some mechanical
notes:

Fair enough. The point was actually to create a special commodity to encourage
trading more, but auctions were the only way I could think of to get them into
the gamestate.

What about having it be an auction with cards where the bids are sets of cards
submitted secretly to the auctioneer and then some hidden set of rules is used
to score them?

That sounds interesting. I'm not exactly sure how it would work but it would be unique and cool if we figured it out.