On 6/19/2020 10:16 AM, Alex Smith via agora-discussion wrote:
>  On Friday, 19 June 2020, 16:24:06 GMT+1, Kerim Aydin wrote:
>> Not part of arguments: lol when I voted against this it was because it
>> lacked the basic checks (e.g. dependent action or something). Regardless
>> of CFJ outcome you all have now fixed the price of pending at 4 blots
>> (more or less). Another economic nerf out of the gate because Agorans are
>> terrified of gaming actual scarcity ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
>
> Blot removal and pending are both conditional on the new economy, though, and
> the blot-removal route is considerably more expensive. So I don't see this
> interfering with the new economy at all.

That all depends on the supply chain.  It would only take a few 4-card
cashouts for there to be more Blot-B-Gone's then then we typically produce
in a couple months of blotting.  Proposals on the other hand will be in
more constant demand, I could easily see a glut of blot-b-gones so that
it's easier to get a handful of those than a pendant.

> In particular, there's no "price fixed at" because both prices are measured
> in terms of products. You might as well say "you have now all fixed the price
> of pending at 1 pendant", which I guess is true, but not useful, because the
> price of pendants is driven by the new economy. The price of blots varies in
> the same way.

Sure, it's all relative exchange ranges, I agree.  But there's a fixed
point because they're both the cost of "pending 1 proposal".  If that
costs 1 Pendant or 4 Blot-B-Gones, that's a hard ceiling on an exchange
rate between the two.

-G.