at 11:06 PM, Cuddle Beam via agora-discussion <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

I think that having single-party contracts feels / is safer. You can
arbitrarily amend it without needing to rely on anyone else and nobody else
can join it which adds another layer of speculative protection.

I don’t think single-party contracts are secure, though. Regardless of what the text says about amendment, by R1742 it can always be done “with the consent of all existing parties”. Consent can’t be given by someone acting on behalf of you, since R2519(1) says “acting as emself”… but it doesn’t have to be. If the concern is that you’d get caught in a mousetrap contract that would allow others to act on behalf of you, that contract can also make you consent by R2519(2).

There's also a certain loophole in R2519 that makes the “acting as emself” guard useless...