at 11:30 PM, Aris Merchant via agora-discussion <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

Damn it. I broke that one way, and then my fix broke it another way.
You are referring, I presume, to the fact that one doesn't need to
consent to create a promise?

Yeah.

At least I can't think of a situation where that's exploitable where
you wouldn't be able to do something under R2519(2) anyway.

Hmm... R2519(2) wouldn’t apply in the case of other sources of act-on-behalf besides contracts, but I suppose none of them are exploitable: - Zombies: you already patched the zombies rule to forbid making a zombie create a promise. - The Administrative State: creating a promise probably doesn’t count as an officer “exercising eir official powers”. (But I’d love to see a case where it did.) - Promises themselves: not applicable since being able to manufacture consent through promises is by design.

Also, I
think there's a pretty fair argument that R869's anti-mousetrap clause
requires consent anyway, though again, R2519(2) likely provides it for
the case of contract exploits.

Heh, I forgot that Rule 869’s anti-mousetrap clause was still there. Rule 2519’s definition of consent is at power 3, but I wonder if there could be some difference between “consent” and Rule 869’s “willful consent”.