On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 11:19:39AM -0500, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via
agora-discussion wrote:
> On 12/6/20 7:01 PM, nix via agora-business wrote:

> >> Maybe doesn't work for lack of a rule specification:

> >> --
> >> Jason Cobb
> >>
> >> Assessor, Rulekeepor, Stonemason
> >>
> > Well that's obtuse. Why do we name the crimes if the names aren't
> > sufficient identifiers?
> >
> > If I didn't already do so in my last message, I point a finger at me for
> > Tardiness on the Webmastor report, citing rule 2143.
> >
> > If I didn't already do so in my last message, I point a finger at G. for
> > Tardiness on the Coopor report, citing rule 2143.
> >

> We made it that specific after someone had made very vague accusations.
>
> Title: Specified Crime not Rule
> Authors: PSS, nix
> Power: 1.7
> Text: {
> Amend Rule 2478, "Vigilante Justice" by replacing the first paragraph
> with the following:
>       A player CAN by announcement, but subject to the provisions of
>       this rule, Point eir Finger at a person (the perp) who plays the
>       game; the announcement has to explicitly name the perp and cite a
>       specific rule and an alleged violation of that rule by that
>       person or a named crime alleged to have been committed by that
>       person.

I had a bit of trouble parsing the part after the semicolon (maybe due
to "and ... and ... or" without bracketing). Also your phrasing doesn't
require the Pointer to point out how the perp committed the crime (in
the case of a rule they have to include "an alleged violation"). How
about

      ...the announcement has to explicitly name the perp, cite a
      specific rule or named crime, and specify an alleged violation of
      that rule or commission of that crime by that person.

--
Falsifian