On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 10:57 AM nix via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On 12/20/20 9:43 AM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-business
> wrote:
> > Title: Specified Crime not Rule
> > Authors: PSS, nix
> > Power: 1.7
> > Text: {
> > Amend Rule 2478, "Vigilante Justice" by replacing the first paragraph
> > with the following:
> >        A player CAN by announcement, but subject to the provisions of
> >        this rule, Point eir Finger at a person (the perp) who plays the
> >        game; the announcement has to explicitly name the perp, cite a
> >        specific rule or named crime, and specify an alleged violation of
> >        that rule or commission of that crime by that person.
> > [ This will allow someone to use the name of a crime without specifying
> > which rule defines it. ]
> > }
>
> What's the difference between "a person who plays the game" and
> "player"? Is there a reason you chose that verbiage?

It's not new, it's IIRC carried over from the current structure. It was one
of my worse ideas, and oh boy do I have a lot of bad ideas. Basically I was
trying to make non-players who do player-like things punishable. It was a
mess, and we got rid of it, but this bit remained. I agree it should be
removed.

-Aris