On 1/31/2021 1:42 PM, ais523 via agora-discussion wrote:
> On Sun, 2021-01-31 at 21:17 +0000, Falsifian via agora-discussion wrote:
> At present, if we unperson everyone, AIAN will prevent the unpersonning
> proposal passing.
>
> With a change like this, AIAN would no longer directly block a rule
> change that unpersons everyone, and it might be hard to recover. This
> would happen even if the two systems existed in parallel.

It's thinking about the Distributor's "CANNOT deregister or be
deregistered" in R2575.

Now, citizenship is defined as a switch for persons only.  And to register
is to "flip a person's citizenship", so a non-person can't register.  So
far so good.

HOWEVER, deregistration is not the exact opposite of "registration".  The
exact, but parenthetical rules definition is here: "deregister (cease
being a player)".  Therefore, deregistration itself is the act of "ceasing
to be a player" that may be independent of a switch.

Now, the "definition" of Player is here:
> A registered person is a Player

Note that this isn't actually phrased as a definition!  It simply says
that if you're registered, that makes you a player.  It does *not*
explicitly exclude non-registered entities from *also* being players![*]

Taken together, this implies that the Distributor would not be
deregistered, and would continue to be a player, even if e ceased being a
person.

[*] yes yes I know, in the context of the rest of the paragraph, it could
be read as a definition.  It could also be read as a non-exclusive
categorization.

-G.