On Sat, Jun 5, 2021 at 6:13 PM Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On 6/5/2021 4:55 PM, Aris Merchant via agora-business wrote:
> > Title: Determinacy is a Good Thing
> > Adoption index: 1.7
> > Author: Aris
>
> Want to lodge a bit of a protest here - paradox to me is inherent to
> Suberian nomic, and if any nomic follows that purist tradition, it's this
> one, so it seems a shame to lose it (as opposed to limiting it).
>
> Sort of like Apathy, it serves as a good check, as it ensures we put
> protections against indeterminacy in various places (currencies,
> switches).  Removing the win condition part doesn't make paradoxes go away
> unless we massively revamp our judicial system/concepts as well, and I
> suspect people would do them "just for fun" anyway even if there's no
> game-winning involved.
>
> Of course, if someone wants to go for a full revamp, that's another matter
> (and could be interesting!)

This is intended as a referendum on whether we want to have wins by
paradox. I may vote PRESENT, I haven't decided yet. That being said, I
will point out that Agora is still very philosophically disposed to
read paradoxes out of rules by any means necessary. I believe that our
interpretation would be more coherent if we went in that direction. Do
keep in mind that we managed without wins by paradox for a good many
years.

-Aris