On Thu, 17 Jun 2021, Rebecca Lee via agora-discussion wrote:

[snip a _whole_ lot]
                        === END OF REPORT ===

--
nix
Webmastor, Ministor, Herald

Important COE: Jason was awarded a doctorate of nomic science
--
From R. Lee

In fact, you awarded it to em.
--
From R. Lee

Hi all, I may be slowly working my way up to reading Agora mail again... or not.

Yesterday I saw you apologize for not bottom posting, and then I deleted that post before I realized that I wanted to complain :P

I think the true spirit of us old-timers' admonition to bottom post is not just about bottom posting, but about wanting the old style of email where people actually edit away unnecessary cruft from messages they reply to, keeping just enough context to make their own part look like intertwined responses to particular points, and saving the readers from having to page through all the rest.

And that apology of yours made me realize: when you absolutely won't remove unnecessary parts from a long replied-to message, then bottom posting is actually slightly _more_ annoying than top posting, although in a "the greater sin has already been committed anyway" sense.

Greetings,
Ørjan, who now wonders how much of this is only because he's still using a terminal mail reader.