Dear Marcus,

I clearly favor your proposal a) .

Because you are from Germany, I would like to add that in the German language I
would never use the word "kriging" but "krigen". There is no reason to use the
English expression (as it is often seen) because the owner of the name "Krige"
lives in South Africa.

P.S. I am from Vienna/Austria.

Best wishes and regards,
Rudi

> Marcus Schneider wrote:
> 
> Dear Listers,
> 
> my question is a very simple one: How do YOU pronounce "Kriging"?
> 
> Do you say:
> 
> a) "Kriging" with G like in "organize"
>     or
> b) "Kriging" with G like in "prodigy"?
> 
> Please add also information about the City/Country you're living.
> 
> I hope to receive a great amount of answers to evaluate
> it statistically and I promise to let you know about the results.
> 
> Thank you in advance!
> 
> Marcus

-- 
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
From: Prof. Dr. Rudolf Dutter
      Dept. of Statistics and Probability Theory
      Vienna University of Technology,
      Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10
      A-1040 Vienna, Austria
      Tel. +43 1 58801/10730
      FAX  +43 1 58801/10799
      E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Internet: http://www.statistik.tuwien.ac.at/public/dutt/
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

--
* To post a message to the list, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful 
responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no subject and "unsubscribe 
ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND 
Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org

Reply via email to