Koen

> I think it's called a "block to block" variogram
> average, not sure.
It is called the "within block variance". Block to
block variance is the variance between block averages
- i.e. from block to block.

> As I explained, I'm looking for an easy way to
> estimate the gamma(V,V) value.
If you have a standard semi-variogram model such as
the spherical or exponential, the mathematical
formulae for two dimensional blocks are published in
various issues of Computers and Geosciences. Point
approximations are only necessary if you have a
non-readitional model or rotational geometric
anisotropy.

> I used matlab to code for the distances between
> pairs but, it takes so much time compared to .....
Most software packages use the symmetry of the block
so that only about one-quarter of the calculation need
to be carried out.

You can get the within block variance from our kriging
game for all the models we cover. It is written onto
the screen and the ghost file as you work. Just select
the option to estimate a rectangular block.

http://geoecosse.bizland.com/softwares

Isobel

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful