Hi

Well, in general the simulations are useful if you need to evaluate spatial uncertainty, for
example if you have to apply some transfer function to your data or the need
to evaluate the probability that some neighbor cells overcome jointly a given threshold.

Then kriging variance is useful if the spatial continuity model
you have calculated is effectively representative of the spatial variability
on the whole spatial domain of study i.e. there are not subdomains characterized
by strong differences in spatial variability.
Then variance alone is useful in condition of normality... in the other cases
you need the complete distribution i.e. indicator kriging.

I guess that if you have  strong positive skewnees you could
have a trend. In this case, if I remember well, the estimation error is also
function of the trend model.

Hope, this might help!