Hi

Well, some time you have the impression that kriging is not an exact interpolator because of you have a high nugget effect and the interpolation grid nodes have not the same location of available data. The variability represented by the nugget effect is filtered every time
an interpolation location doesn't coincide with known data.
So the apparent smoothing effect is related to the raster representation of reality.

Sebastiano T.