Younes, thanks for the provocative message.

I believe you are looking for this free or cheap, all-capable package with a complete, friendly and robust graphical user interface with dynamic graphics. A problem is that such a thing is hard and expensive to develop, and unlikely to be arise as a side product of a research project. Look at the worlds of GIS or image analysis -- there's a lot of high quality things out there for free, but the thing you're looking for is very expensive.

In your list I missed at least:
9. ArcGIS + geostatistical analyst
10. SGEMS, the new Stanford software after GSLIB
11. other packages in R, such as gstat, randomFields, rsaga, and so on.
12. ... (I hope others will finish this list!)

I'm one of the many people active in the r-sig-geo community, and am constantly astonished about the growth of the activity around R; you can see some statistics on this in a paper in the latest issue of the R journal, e.g. fig 4 in
http://journal.r-project.org/archive/2009-2/RJournal_2009-2_Fox.pdf

Looking at these graphs, I have the impression that I'm not alone when thinking that although graphical, interactive exploratory data analysis is a very nice thing to have, a solid data analysis should start from the principle of reproducability, and therefore as little as possible /depend/ on the reproduction of long sequences of mouse clicks.

Are users of this list aware of other communities and/or mailing lists where considerable activity around geostatistics and/or geostatistical software takes place?

Younes, could you be more precise about exactly which "serious request [...] remained more than 20 years"?

I hope your email gets many responses,
--
Edzer

Younes Fadakar wrote:
Hi there,

This is my first message as a test message checking the usage of the service,
To start:
The world of Geostatistics seriously needs a tool to present well to novices and professionals. Current availabilities have many of disadvantages. Some are too old, others not user-friendly and the rest more expensive. 1- GsLib seems powerful but too old (DOS-command line in 2010!)
2- WinGsLib is completely confusing despite of logging and automating! no
direct input and output!!
3- Variowin is too weak in terms of GUI!
4- mGstat as a Matlab toolbox written too complex not handy program!
5- GeoR as an extention for R makes you to work with R such a command-line
environment! what a development rather than GsLib!!
6- Isatis is more expensive; for what?!
7- Gs+ is in pain with weak performance of GUI!
8- Geoeas is something funny just to remember DOS graphics!
9- ...
So obviously a serious request remained for more than 20 years without suitable
answer!
Why?
Younes