•In the F46 category, Sundar recorded his personal best effort of
60.36m on the very first night of the tournament
•Sundar, a 21-year-old, was disqualified last year at the Rio
Paralympics after he turned up late for the event
•Sundar then won three gold medals at the Fazza IPC Athletics Grand
Prix in February this year
list end
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/athletics/sundar-singh-gurjar-bags-indias-first-gold-at-world-para-athletics-championships/articleshow/59604928.cms
NEW DELHI:
Sundar Singh Gurjar
 has opened India's account at the
World Para Athletics Championships
 by clinching gold in the men's javelin throw event. In the F46
category, Sundar recorded his personal best effort of 60.36m on the
very first night of
the tournament and took the top honour.
Recommended By Colombia..Dinesh Priyantha Herath of Sri Lanka emerged
second with 57.93m, followed by defending champion China's Guo
Chunliang with a season
best of 56.14m...Rajasthan's Sundar, a 21-year-old, was disqualified
last year at the Rio Paralympics after he turned up late. Hene, he
failed to compete
in the F46 javelin throw category, the same event in which
Devendra Jhajharia
 won the gold medal. However, he had his moment in the sun in February
this year, by putting in an inspiring show at the Fazza IPC Athletics
Grand Prix,
where he won three gold medals - one each in javelin throw, shot put
and discus throw.
..A jubilated Sundar, after the win, said: "I was very disappointed
after Rio, as I had prepared intensely and ultimately, could not
compete. My morale
was completely broken then, but I am delighted with this comeback to
competition. I had trained hard for the World Championships as well,
but not as much
as I had done for Rio..."Hence, this gold medal is great motivation
for me to perform even better from here on. I have recovered fully,
and will do even
better at the Asian Games (next year).".

--
Avinash Shahi