Hi as far as your first issue is concerned, press NVDA+V to switch between
screen layOut on and off. Keep it to the "off" state" to see different
elements on different lines of text.
I don't face any problem in the second case you have mentioned.

Thanks and regards,
Dr. Aruni Sharma.
Associate Professor, Dept. of Political Science, JNPG College, Lucknow,
India.
twitter: www.twitter.com/arunisharma
facebook: www.facebook.com/arunisharma
Skype: arunisha...@outlook.com