On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:45:41AM +0200, Akka Team wrote:
> Hi Eugene
>
> So you should have the same node as the first one in the seed node list on
> both machines.

Okay, that's clear. So in some case I need to have some "dummy" cluster node
acting as a seed node and deployed onto a component of the application which
starts first.

> If you have the proper order, after initial startup you can restart any of
> the nodes. You said that you have a problem even in this case, can you post
> some log snippets to show what happens in that case?

Nothing in the logs. It seems that the nodes aren't seeing each other at all.
I've posted the ClusterStatus from JMX - the nodes are not in the cluster
anymore - each lists itself in the list of members (see below - 10.9.0.1 is
the first seed node, and 10.9.0.2 is the second one, after the cluster is
initialized and the node 10.9.0.1 is restarted - it never sees 10.9.0.2)

> > ClusterStatus = {
> >   "self-address": "akka.tcp://HttpCluster@10.9.0.2:2551",
> >   "members": [
> >     {
> >       "address": "akka.tcp://HttpCluster@10.9.0.2:2551",
> >       "status": "Up"
> >     }
> >   ],
> >   "unreachable": [
> >
> >   ]
> > }
> > ;
> >
> > and
> >
> > ClusterStatus = {
> >   "self-address": "akka.tcp://HttpCluster@10.9.0.1:2551",
> >   "members": [
> >     {
> >       "address": "akka.tcp://HttpCluster@10.9.0.1:2551",
> >       "status": "Up"
> >     }
> >   ],
> >   "unreachable": [
> >
> >   ]
> > }
> > ;

> Btw, you get an InitJoinNack if you try to join a member to a node that has
> been not fully initialized yet. Are you sure you are restarting the first
> node after the second has been fully initialized?

Yes, the nodes are up at the moment of the association.

Thanks!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky