On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Eugene Dzhurinsky <jdeve...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:45:41AM +0200, Akka Team wrote:
> > Hi Eugene
> >
> > So you should have the same node as the first one in the seed node list
> on
> > both machines.
>
> Okay, that's clear. So in some case I need to have some "dummy" cluster
> node
> acting as a seed node and deployed onto a component of the application
> which
> starts first.

It does not need to be exactly the first one to be started, but it needs to
be available at the first startup of the cluster until other seed-nodes
become fully initialized. After this initial phase is finished the first
seed node is no longer necessary to be available.

> > If you have the proper order, after initial startup you can restart any
> of
> > the nodes. You said that you have a problem even in this case, can you
> post
> > some log snippets to show what happens in that case?
>
> Nothing in the logs. It seems that the nodes aren't seeing each other at
> all.

Well, receiving an InitJoinNack (as seen in the logs) means that they see
each other, but the other node refuses the join. This means that the second
seed node is not fully up yet. I suspect that you shut down the first seed
node too early before the second one considers himself fully up and
therefore will not allow the restarted first node to join. Can you try it
again, but restarting the first node later?

If the problem is still present, can you provide a minimized example that I
can check?

-Endre

--
Akka Team
Typesafe - The software stack for applications that scale