I've been reading up here on PersistentActor, and I think I get how that
works to perform commands and write the result to an event store. I also
think I understand that PersistentViews can subscribe to a PersistentActor
and receive notification of each event stored for that PersistentActor
type. I want to take a PersistentView and use it to update a separate Read
datastore.

I don't want to treat the PersistentView itself as a read store, but I want
to make it trigger the creation or updating or saving of a "projection" of
the event in some other store, like, e.g., Elasticsearch or Postgresql. Are
there any guidelines, best practices, or examples of how to do this?

One thread
(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/akka-user/persistentview/akka-user/rMHjwBZpocQ/SmfAGMg7G68J)

from June 2014 seemed to indicate that this sort of writing to another
store would require PersistentViews to be able to read from multiple
PersistentActors for this to be feasible. Is this still true?

What is the path to take here, to get the actor system populating my read
stores? Are people instead creating projections directly from the event
store itself, like Greg Young's EventStore allows?

Any insight is welcome!

Amiri